While slogging through the interwebs trying to determine what is "alternative fact" and what is real, I came across several articles outlining the preparation of world leaders for an upcoming apocalypse. This very same topic was eerily shared with me on Twitter, so it must be true. As during any good and final tragedy - think of the violinists playing as The Titanic sank, leaving poor Rose nearly frozen to death on a wood plank but with a song in her heart - I've been thinking of a good playlist as the world turns into a mushroom cloud in a final showdown between Trump and the nameless, faceless gaggle of enemies he's already accrued. I'm thinking it'll be a short list, say 10 songs or so, to get us through the final moments of napalm burning our lungs. Feel free to steal and add your own in comments.
1. Disco Inferno - The Trammps, for obvious reasons
2. I Just Haven't Met You Yet - Michael Buble, for some irony
3. American Idiot - Green Day, because someone - and not a smart someone - got us into this mess
4. Fat Bottomed Girls - Queen, because it's my theme song/anthem
5. Toxic - Britney Spears, because the air will be toxic and because Brittney RULES
6. All I Do Is Win - DJ Khaled feat. Ludacris, because I'd want one more time to do the "Ludacris" part flawlessly
7. Notorious - Duran Duran, because I'd want to think about Kevin Kelly one last time
8. Don't Dream it's Over - Crowded House, for denial
9. Total Eclipse of the Heart - Bonnie Tyler, because of the likely eclipse of the sun from ash and debris
10. Relax - Frankie Goes to Hollywood, because that's really all you can do when the world goes down
Courtney is a most fabulous writer and high school English/Journalism teacher. Her first novel, Cate in Flux, was released December 10! Watch for updates about future books that need to be part of your personal library. In the meanwhile, enjoy her pithy life observations.